Thursday, June 23, 2016

Lived In

This week marks one year since receiving the keys to my queendom!

I've been scrolling through this blog while strolling down memory lane and am laughing at the pictures of half-furnished rooms that I was so eager to post.

This calls for an update! 

Here's what the condo looks like after 12 months of being lived in:


It took about six months to finally solve the storage issues in the dining room. (Ignore that mess in the corner. It still needs to find a home!)


  The three set of storage units were found on target.com. The middle unit arrived with a broken door, so I decide just to use that shelf as a cubbie rather that chase down a replacement.


Any storage with a top shelf is my favorite kind. I have too many picture frames and tchotchkes to display!


Not much has changed in the living room. The second end table and lamp have been purchased. The cute red TV tables I found at Meijer. (No joke, Meijer! On a grocery trip!) I keep one in the living room as the perfect out-of-the-way spot for my laptop.

Cat Toys R Us
My crazy color scheme has been very invigorating. Although, I can picture myself tiring of the primary color scheme after too long. Fortunately, I kept all my more expensive items in the neutral family, while everything bright is paintable or inexpensive enough to be easily replaced.


Even the hallway has seen some extra love. Due to a remodel at my workplace, more of my vintage Disney memorablia has found its way back home. This narrow forgotten spot in the hallway is now one of my favorites in the house!



I don't even think there was a toothbrush in my bathroom yet when I first posted pictures of it.
My how things have changed!

I found that pasta containers made the best (and least expensive)
solution for sterile Qtip and cotton ball storage.

Glute Goals

The Moonrise Kingdom pun is still hilarious to me.
And, the fact that Suzy Bishop and her binoculars
creep out my nephew every time he "goes" is just
a bonus feature.
The Florida room is another place that I'm forseeing color overkill coming back to haunt me soon. Fortunately, the furniture is all <$20 stuff from Target. And, the rugs were quite inexpensive from there also. After this season, I can see myself shopping for something a little more comfortable and permanent for this room. Although, it is still "My Happy Place"!


"Called it! So, where will you be sleeping?"
The bedroom was my most recent post. So, not much has changed in there.
Although, I did overlook alot of my favorite bits and pieces in my orignal post.

Some of my favorite catch-alls are colorful finger bowls purchased in
the dishware sections of Target and Home Goods.

And, last but not least (because this is how I feast...) my poor, stuck in the 90's, kitchen!

All I can say is, I try. Working with what I have has gotten me thus far. If ever I were to enter a "Makeover Your Ugliest Room" contest, this would be my nomination. One day I envision cabinets all the way to the ceiling, matching backsplashes on both sides of the galley, walnut floors, a new dishwasher, and an absence of wallpaper.

How many crock pots is too many crock pots?
The answer is infinity!

One of the artists tells me I need a bigger fridge.

But, for now, at least I have bacon and cats.

No comments:

Post a Comment